Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I have about fifteen minutes before my daily Jeopardy watching, so I thought that I would start an actual post.

My day was just slightly beneath being busy. Apparently my first class was canceled, which I should have known, only I had skipped the previous class. It's Learning and Motivation, which is the second education class that BSC offers and it is only taught by Dr. ZuWallack, who is a fine person, but not a great teacher- which is odd, considering that he teaches students how to teach. The entire class is based on group work and apart from the very first class, he has not lectured. We work in the library and he walks around us, making sure that we are there, and that's it.

Seeing as it was canceled, I went by Tillinghast to find out when Dr. Fortunato had office hours, so see that she did when I was there, but in Boyden. I was able to register for classes as an honors student, so I wanted to make sure that this didn't fuck me over as I'm not actually an honors student anymore. It doesn't, but she recommends that I do something to make myself stand out from other students who will be applying to high schools.

After meeting with her I had to rush across campus to get to my Introduction to Teaching class, which I also despise. We're taught as if we are in elementary school, which some of my classmates enjoy, but it makes me hate the class. It also makes me not want to continue on in Education, which would probably be a horrible mistake.

Philosophy club afterwards, though. And that's always a good time. We're not completely structured as I thought we might be with an actual adviser, but Dr. Devlin is about the same as all of us with keeping to topics. It's nice though, to have an adviser who is actually involved in the club, because when Dr. Skoble was our adviser, we never saw him. Apparently he used to run the Blackboard site for the club. On books I'm treasurer, but I don't actually do anything as we're not yet an actual SGA recognized club. We didn't have specific topics today and talked about justification of war,Unitarian Universalism and...I can't actually remember. Some touching on the philosophy of science after last week's colloquium and the classes that we signed up for.

Lastly I had Canadian history with Dr. Holman. It was a seminar style today about African Americans in Canada and how they were viewed by Canadians and how they viewed Canadians. It was actually interesting. I'll be taking the second half of his course in the Spring, which should be nice because I really like Dr. Holman. He's one of those teachers who is always excited about the subjects that he teaches and actually makes you want to be in class. He's they type of teacher that I have always liked. A complete dork. A bit boring subject matter at times, but he tries to make it interesting.

So now Jeopardy is over, and I should be reading for a book report I have to do for Dr. Holman. I have yet to reach an interesting part of the book, so chances are I will give up shortly and come back to my computer.

That's it for now.

/Peace/ Love/ God Bless

No comments: